The Snarky Women's Guide to Modern Literature

A club of folks who read and review books we loathed, devoured or could not finish.

The reviewers are narcissistic and prone to PMS. You may find inane commentary, sarcastic maneuvering, hostile retorts, some bitch slapping, and lots of vodka induced posts.

Our Motto:
Some people avoid book clubs that behave like soap operas, we buy tickets to them.

P.S. If you don't want spoilers, move along.

Friday, April 15, 2011

In Honor of Poem in Your Pocket Day

Enjoy one of my favorite poems for Poem in Your Pocket Day
I Meant To Do My Work Today
I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.
And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand,
So what could I do but laugh and go?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem has cool imagery...my favorite line in it is 'and a rainbow held out its shining hand'. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete